MOUNT VERNON, Wash. - A man was sentenced to 32 years and four months for a 2005 murder and burglary.
The Skagit Valley Herald reports that Terrance Jon Irby was sentenced Friday for the murder of James Rock of Hamilton.
Skagit County Superior Court Judge Dave Needy gave Irby the maximum sentence on the murder and burglary convictions.
Rock was found dead in his home and Irby was arrested in Marysville after leading police on a chase through that city after running a red light.
Rock's daughter, Candy Rock, read a statement at the sentencing. She said it was her third time reading such a statement.
Irby has had two previous murder convictions for the same crime overturned, the most recent in 2015.
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night
- Man killed in weekend officer-involved shooting identified
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting