CHUBBUCK, Idaho - A 75-year-old Pocatello man has died after being run over by a dump truck.
The Idaho State Police say the accident happened at about 7 p.m. Tuesday in Chubbuck.
The ISP says Devere Lowry was standing behind a dump truck when he released the brakes on a trailer being pulled by a truck. The brakes on the dump truck had not been set and when the trailer brakes were released, the dump truck rolled backward over Lowry. He was trapped between the dual wheels on the driver's side of the truck.
He died at the scene.
The accident is still under investigation.
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'
- Humane Society volunteer wins award for shelter