GARDEN CITY, Idaho - A 12-year-old boy who fell through the ice and into the frigid waters of a Garden City pond was rescued by two bystanders who used an extension cord to pull him to safety.
Police in Garden City say the boy was walking on the ice about 20 feet from shore just before 4 p.m. Monday when the ice gave way. A fisherman and another bystander worked together to pull the boy from the pond.
Officers say the boy was cold after spending about four minutes in the water, but was otherwise uninjured. He got warm in an ambulance while he waited for his mother to come pick him up.
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting