TWIN FALLS, Idaho - An Idaho man charged with placing an online ad seeking men to rape his wife has pleaded guilty to solicitation of rape.
The 33-year-old Twin Falls man pleaded guilty Thursday in 5th District Court to posting an ad on Craigslist claiming to be the woman and asking to be raped. He acknowledged exchanging pictures and messages with men who answered the ad. A sentencing date has not been set.
Court records say two men broke into the woman's house on consecutive days in July 2012. The woman shot at one intruder, but missed. She held the second man at gunpoint.
The Associated Press is withholding the defendant's name to protect the victim's identity.
The defendant's attorney says his client is a member of the Idaho National Guard and is being treated for post-traumatic stress disorder.
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'
- Humane Society volunteer wins award for shelter