Portland, OR - A Portland, Ore., man accused of violence against his girlfriend and of repeatedly punching her cat has pleaded guilty to domestic violence assault and aggravated animal abuse.
Oregon Humane Society representatives investigating Travis Warner-Tamerius last March in the case of the injured cat found evidence of domestic violence against the man's then-girlfriend and gave that information to Portland police.
KATU-TV reports the 20-year-old man's sentencing is set for Nov. 13.
The cat spent seven days in intensive care before it was able to eat again. KATU says the woman relinquished the cat after it was treated. It has since been adopted.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives