OLYMPIA, Wash. - Authorities say a man in his 50s needed rescuing after getting stuck in a tree in Olympia while trying to take pictures of the windstorm over the weekend.
The Olympian reports that the man had climbed toward the top of the tree Saturday night and then fell about 30 feet, becoming wedged in the tree.
Olympia Fire Department Battalion Chief Pat Noonan said the man possibly suffered broken ribs and a punctured lung.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods