OLYMPIA, Wash. - Authorities say a man in his 50s needed rescuing after getting stuck in a tree in Olympia while trying to take pictures of the windstorm over the weekend.
The Olympian reports that the man had climbed toward the top of the tree Saturday night and then fell about 30 feet, becoming wedged in the tree.
Olympia Fire Department Battalion Chief Pat Noonan said the man possibly suffered broken ribs and a punctured lung.
- Gonzaga falls from top spot in AP poll, Kansas moves to No. 1
- United to add San Francisco and Chicago service to Spokane
- 4 Things to Know for Feb. 27
- Former NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal says she can't find job
- Childcare advocates ask Washington lawmakers to invest more in childcare
- Pay-by-phone app no longer working in downtown Spokane