BOISE, Idaho - A 42-year-old Idaho man is missing after a weekend boating accident on the Snake River on the Idaho-Oregon border.
The Wallowa County sheriff's office in Oregon says the jet boat capsized just before 7 p.m. Friday while negotiating the Wild Sheep rapids north of Hells Canyon Dam, throwing its three occupants into the water.
Charles Gissel of Ontario, Ore., and Eric Meyerhoffer of Payette were able to get to shore, but 42-year-old Ricky M. Flores is missing. Officials did not say if Gissel and Meyerhoffer were injured.
Search teams from Wallowa, Adams and Baker counties in Oregon along with the Oregon State Police and Oregon Air National Guard were helping with the search for Flores and the boat.
The Oregon Department of Corrections says the three men worked at Snake River Correctional Institution near Ontario, Ore.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position