PORTLAND, Ore. - Contractors are busy repairing sidewalks in Portland's Irvington neighborhood in response to hundreds of complaints, even though some residents say the sidewalks weren't that bad.
KGW reports it made a public records request and found out that most complaints were made by one man -- 300 in April alone.
City Bureau of Transportation spokeswoman Diane Dulken says it doesn't matter who makes a complaint. The city ensures that sidewalks don't pose a hazard to the public. The city forces homeowners to pay for the repairs.
The man making all the complaints wouldn't explain his motive to KGW, but some neighbors suspect he's a contractor looking to drum up work.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday