SEATTLE - Seattle police say a man was fatally shot in the city's first homicide in two months.
The Seattle Times reports that the shooting occurred in the Pioneer Square neighborhood just before 2:30 a.m. Sunday as bars were closing. Officers were in the area when they heard several shots and then found a man in his 20s with at least one bullet wound to the head.
The man was declared dead at Harborview Medical Center.
The shooting is under investigation.
The killing was Seattle's 15th this year. The last was on Aug. 2, when a woman was shot and killed in Madison Valley.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River