BEND, Ore. - A man was killed and his wife and two children were seriously injured in a crash with two other cars Sunday afternoon on Highway 20 just east of the Santiam Summit in Jefferson County.
Oregon State Police say their car was hit by a car that went out of control on the wet roadway. Then, the family's car was spun around and hit by an SUV.
The 33-year-old father died at the scene. His 32-year-old wife and children, ages 1 and 4, were taken to St. Charles Medical Center in Bend. One child was flown to Oregon Health & Science University Hospital in Portland.
Troopers say three other people injured in the crash were taken to the Bend hospital and two more were treated at the scene.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River