Albany, OR - An Oregon man was sentenced to 16 days in jail after he pleaded guilty to possession of a destructive device -- a soda bottle that contained fireworks powder.
Clinton Starks of Albany emptied the powder into a cellophane wrapper, put a fuse in it and placed the item in an empty bottle of Mountain Dew. He then lit it, and screwed the cap back on. A 9-1-1 caller reported hearing a loud boom on the night of Aug. 9.
The Albany Democrat-Herald reports that the 34-year-old Starks admitted to the judge Tuesday that he makes some dumb choices.
Prosecutor Coleen Cerda said Starks initially lied to police, saying someone else threw the bottle into the street and it exploded.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line