KIMBERLY, Idaho - Officials in south-central Idaho are investigating an apparent machete attack on a 52-year-old man.
Court records say 38-year-old Martin Hernandez-Vargas of Visalia, Calif., was charged Tuesday with aggravated battery for the weekend attack south of Kimberly. Bail was set at $250,000.
The Times-News reports Twin Falls County deputies received reports of a disturbance and responded to a vehicle crash south Sunday.
Court records say officers found a machete with blood and hair on the blade on the floorboard of a pickup truck they believe Hernandez-Vargas crashed.
At about the same time, officers found the victim with traumatic head and face injuries at his nearby residence. He was hospitalized.
Deputies say Hernandez-Vargas told them the victim began making unwanted sexual advances after the two drank beer. Hernandez-Vargas also is charged with DUI.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives