SEATTLE, Wash. - Jail officials say a Seattle man who had been in custody at the King County Jail has died at Harborview Medical Center.
King County Department of Adult and Juvenile Detention Captain Troy Bacon said in a news release that the 56-year-old man died Wednesday, five days after he was transferred there.
Bacon says the man was booked into jail July 3 and charged with felony assault.
The King County Medical Examiner's office will determine the cause and manner of death. The man's name wasn't released.
The Department of Adult and Juvenile Detention will work with Public Health - Seattle & King County to conduct an investigation as is standard.
The Seattle Police Department will also conduct an investigation.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line