PORTLAND, Ore. - A man killed in a shootout with police who were responding to the deaths of two California detectives investigating a sex crime had been convicted in Oregon five years ago of peeping on a 22-year-old woman who was showering in her condominium.
The man, 35-year-old Jeremy Goulet, was also convicted in 2008 of carrying a concealed weapon in Portland.
The Oregonian reports he was put on probation but then was sentenced to two years in jail after a dispute with his probation officer.
Two detectives in Santa Cruz, Calif., were killed Tuesday while following up allegations that Goulet, a barista, made inappropriate sexual advances on a co-worker at her home.
Half an hour after the killings, Goulet died during gunfire with police.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'