Billings, MT - A Billings man with a 1995 conviction for molesting a child has been sentenced to 50 years in prison for molesting a young boy.
The Billings Gazette reports 37-year-old William Patrick Given was sentenced to 70 years in prison with 20 suspended during a hearing on Dec. 6.
The boy reported the molestation in March 2011 and Given was charged felony sexual assault in May 2011. He was convicted in January.
Given denied touching the boy, but testified that he showed him homosexual pornography and the boy, who was 9 at the time, had expressed an interest in homosexuality.
Deputy Yellowstone County Attorney Julie R. Patten said prosecutors sought a sentence of life in prison. Her sentencing memo called Given a "deeply troubled and dangerous sexual predator."
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties