Portland, OR - A 25-year-old Portland man was sentenced to more than 16 years in federal prison for transporting a teenage girl to several states for prostitution.
The judge also said Anthony Dennell Armstrong must register as a sex offender and be supervised for 10 years after his release.
The Oregonian reports Armstrong pleaded guilty in August to transporting a minor across state lines for prostitution.
The U.S. attorney's office says Armstrong recruited the 14-year-old girl into prostitution and often beat her if she resisted.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday