Portland, OR - A 25-year-old Portland man was sentenced to more than 16 years in federal prison for transporting a teenage girl to several states for prostitution.
The judge also said Anthony Dennell Armstrong must register as a sex offender and be supervised for 10 years after his release.
The Oregonian reports Armstrong pleaded guilty in August to transporting a minor across state lines for prostitution.
The U.S. attorney's office says Armstrong recruited the 14-year-old girl into prostitution and often beat her if she resisted.
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity