VANCOUVER, Wash. - The Clark County sheriff's office say a 25-year-old Battle Ground man whose empty boat was found with the motor running in the Columbia River is presumed drowned.
The sheriff's office says Jay Jones had been shuttling people to Bachelor Island just west of Ridgefield on Saturday in a 16-foot aluminum boat. A person was reported in the water about 5:30 p.m. and the sheriff's marine unit found the unoccupied boat going in circles near the mouth of the Lewis River near Woodland.
The Columbian reports searchers from Clark County and Columbia County, Oregon, along with the Coast Guard looked for the body Sunday without success.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line