SEATTLE, Wash. - Firefighters rescued a man who fell into a tank of sewage at the treatment plant on Puget Sound in Seattle's Discovery Park.
Department spokesman Kyle Moore says firefighters responded to a 911 call Thursday evening and had to remove a grate to pull out the 23-year-old man.
KOMO reports he told firefighters he had taken drugs and went for a walk with his girlfriend on the beach. As they were walking, he saw the tank, decided to climb it and somehow fell in.
Firefighters worried the girlfriend also might have fallen into the sewage, but she was found OK walking on the beach.
Firefighters and sewage plant workers decontaminated the man. He also was checked at a hospital.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line