EVERETT, Wash. - A 55-year-old man is facing arson charges after authorities say he set fire to his former lover's Everett apartment.
KOMO-TV reports that Terrence Peters appeared in court Wednesday and was ordered held on $500,000 bail for the Tuesday morning fire.
Authorities say Peters set the woman's home on fire and fled the scene.
Court documents say Peters made previous threats against the victim, who was in the process of obtaining a protection order.
Peters' attorney argued in court for a lower bail amount, saying his client was "determined to be a low risk by pretrial services" and that his previous felony convictions are over 20 years old.
A judge denied the request and signed an order of protection for the victim.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults