EVERETT, Wash. - A 55-year-old man is facing arson charges after authorities say he set fire to his former lover's Everett apartment.
KOMO-TV reports that Terrence Peters appeared in court Wednesday and was ordered held on $500,000 bail for the Tuesday morning fire.
Authorities say Peters set the woman's home on fire and fled the scene.
Court documents say Peters made previous threats against the victim, who was in the process of obtaining a protection order.
Peters' attorney argued in court for a lower bail amount, saying his client was "determined to be a low risk by pretrial services" and that his previous felony convictions are over 20 years old.
A judge denied the request and signed an order of protection for the victim.
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017
- WSU issues reminder to leave young wildlife alone
- Task force proposes reforms to WSU student conduct process