HELENA, Mont. - A 65-year-old man from Trout Creek has died after his sport utility vehicle drifted into the path of a semitrailer on Montana 200 near Thompson Falls.
The Montana Highway Patrol says the victim was eastbound at about 1:45 p.m. Monday when his SUV collided with the semi. The SUV spun off the road and rolled onto its side. The victim died at the scene. His name was being withheld while family members were being notified.
The driver of the semi, a 54-year-old man from Hot Springs, suffered minor injuries.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position