MISSOULA, Mont. - A man accused of grabbing a 10-year-old girl as she played with her brother in a Missoula park has pleaded not guilty to attempted kidnapping.
The Missoulian reports 34-year-old Coty James Low appeared before District Judge Karen Townsend on Tuesday via video from jail. She continued his bail at $100,000.
Prosecutors say Low ran up to the children on June 21 and grabbed the girl by the leg. He carried her about 25 feet before the girl's kicking and screaming caused him to drop her.
The girl's father chased after the man and held him for police.
Low initially said he was trying to save the girl from a dog, and then told police he was looking for companionship and wasn't thinking when he grabbed the girl.
Prosecutors say Low was convicted of sexually assaulting a nurse in April.
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th