IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - Authorities in Idaho Falls say a man died after becoming tired and a woman received bite wounds breaking up a fight among six pit bulls and one pit bull mix.
Authorities tell KIFI-TV that 54-year-old Carlos Eligio Trevino complained of being tired shortly after the fight Tuesday evening and went to another room to sit down.
His roommate, Marci Shelton, says when she went to check on him a short time later he wasn't breathing.
Police say Shelton had bite marks on her shoulder and ear but was otherwise OK.
Idaho Falls Animal Services supervisor Irene Brown says people shouldn't use their hands to break up a dog fight.
Authorities say the pit bull mix has been euthanized, and the six pit bulls have been placed in quarantine.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday