IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - Authorities in Idaho Falls say a man died after becoming tired and a woman received bite wounds breaking up a fight among six pit bulls and one pit bull mix.
Authorities tell KIFI-TV that 54-year-old Carlos Eligio Trevino complained of being tired shortly after the fight Tuesday evening and went to another room to sit down.
His roommate, Marci Shelton, says when she went to check on him a short time later he wasn't breathing.
Police say Shelton had bite marks on her shoulder and ear but was otherwise OK.
Idaho Falls Animal Services supervisor Irene Brown says people shouldn't use their hands to break up a dog fight.
Authorities say the pit bull mix has been euthanized, and the six pit bulls have been placed in quarantine.
- 4 Things To Know For April 26
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up