MOLALLA, OR - Authorities are trying to figure out whether a 36-year-old Clackamas County man shot himself after an overnight standoff or was shot to death by officers.
The Oregonian reports the confrontation between Shane Griffin of Molalla and the sheriff's office SWAT team unfolded in the driveway of Griffin's rural home.
Deputies say Griffin's wife fled from the house Sunday night with their young children after he assaulted her.
Deputies spent about four hours trying to negotiate with Griffin, who was armed. But, they say, he wouldn't cooperate
The SWAT team arrived about 2 a.m. Monday, and shots were fired almost immediately. A sergeant at the scene said at least one member of the SWAT team opened fire.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives