MOLALLA, Ore. - An armed man has died in a standoff with Clackamas County sheriff's deputies near Molalla.
Deputies tell KATU investigators are trying to determine whether the 36-year-old shot himself or was shot by an officer.
The incident began about 10 p.m. Sunday when deputies responded to a domestic violence call. An injured woman and two children escaped the home. The man refused to cooperate or come out.
The SWAT team arrived about 2 a.m. Monday and shots were fired almost immediately. A sergeant at the scene said at least one member of the SWAT team opened fire.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults