SEATTLE - Authorities say a natural gas explosion at a North Seattle motel critically injured a man in his 40s.
The blast Monday blew the door off a room at the Klose-In Motel in the 9300 block of Aurora Avenue North.
The Seattle Fire Department reported natural gas as the cause of the fire and said damage was estimated at $55,000. The man was transported to the burn unit at Harborview Medical Center.
The Red Cross of Western Washington was helping find temporary housing for 41 people displaced by the explosion.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home