KELSO, Wash. - Rescuers say a 45-year-old man suffered traumatic injuries to his head, arms and legs when he crashed into a tree on property near Kelso when the brakes failed on a homemade zip line.
Cowlitz 2 Fire and Rescue says a high-angle technical team responded to help the man Sunday evening about 20 feet up the tree.
He was flown to Peace Health Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday