Hamilton, MT - A 46-year-old Corvallis man is charged with intentionally swerving his van across U.S. Highway 83 south of Hamilton and hitting a 48-year-old Stevensville woman, who was walking along the side of the road.
Ravalli County officials say Jody Jake Pope was charged in Justice Court Monday with attempted deliberate homicide, assault with a weapon and driving without a valid license or insurance.
Witnesses say the woman was walking northbound at about 8 p.m. Thursday when a van swerved from the center lane and across the two northbound lanes and struck her. The van continued without stopping.
Officers found the suspect vehicle on Friday and arrested Pope.
Sheriff Chris Hoffman says the victim's injuries were not life-threatening, but he did not know her condition on Monday.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday