Billings, MT - A 42-year-old Lockwood man is charged with aiding a man suspected in a shooting death.
Cody Julian Mack Jr. made an initial appearance in Yellowstone County Justice Court Tuesday on felony counts of obstructing justice and tampering with or fabricating evidence. His bail was set at $20,000.
Prosecutors allege Mack helped 27-year-old Martin Jon Pond Jr. before and after the Jan. 3 death of 52-year-old Allen Douglas Alderman.
Charging documents say Mack and his girlfriend drove Pond to Alderman's residence, where Pond's ex-wife was, so he could "settle things." Pond is charged with deliberate homicide in Alderman's shooting death.
Prosecutors say after the shooting Mack and his girlfriend picked up Pond, helped him wash his clothes and let him use a minivan belonging to Mack's son to leave the area.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives