Billings, MT - A 42-year-old Lockwood man is charged with aiding a man suspected in a shooting death.
Cody Julian Mack Jr. made an initial appearance in Yellowstone County Justice Court Tuesday on felony counts of obstructing justice and tampering with or fabricating evidence. His bail was set at $20,000.
Prosecutors allege Mack helped 27-year-old Martin Jon Pond Jr. before and after the Jan. 3 death of 52-year-old Allen Douglas Alderman.
Charging documents say Mack and his girlfriend drove Pond to Alderman's residence, where Pond's ex-wife was, so he could "settle things." Pond is charged with deliberate homicide in Alderman's shooting death.
Prosecutors say after the shooting Mack and his girlfriend picked up Pond, helped him wash his clothes and let him use a minivan belonging to Mack's son to leave the area.
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting
- WSP responded to 100+ vehicle crashes in Spokane area Wednesday morning
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night
- Man killed in weekend officer-involved shooting identified
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction