MISSOULA, Mont. - A man who recently moved from Alaska to Missoula, Mont., is charged with incest for allegedly having sex with his 19-year-old, mentally disabled daughter.
The 48-year-old man was charged in Justice Court in Missoula on Wednesday. The man's bail was set at $50,000.
Charging documents say law enforcement officers received a call from Child Protective Services on Tuesday. When contacted by investigators, the man denied the accusation.
Court records say the daughter told investigators she knew it was illegal and that she should go to jail because her father had children to take care of.
Deputy Missoula County Attorney Jennifer Clark says the daughter has mental disabilities and her father was taking advantage of her. The Associated Press generally does not identify victims of sexual abuse and is not naming the father to avoid identifying the daughter.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods