BOZEMAN, Mont. - A 24-year-old Manhattan man is charged with breaking a bone in his infant daughter's leg while changing her diaper.
Alexander Jaran Callantine appeared in Justice Court in Gallatin County on Thursday and was charged with assault on a minor. Justice of the Peace Rick West set his bond at $50,000 and Callantine remained jailed on Friday.
Charging documents say Callantine and his wife brought their 6-week-old baby to the emergency room in Bozeman at about 2 a.m. Thursday. Hospital staff notified police that the baby had a broken right fibula consistent with child abuse.
Court records say Callantine told investigators he became frustrated when changing his daughter's diaper at 6:45 p.m. Wednesday. He said she screamed and he felt a popping and grinding in her leg when he tried to re-dress her.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives