PASCO, Wash - A man accused of calling in bomb threats to Columbia Basin College to avoid taking a test faces prosecution in federal court.
Steven Eugene Brown of Finley was indicted Tuesday by a grand jury on one count of willfully making a threat involving explosive materials.
KONA reports Brown was arrested July 24 after police tracked a cellphone used to make the calls.
The calls on July 18 led school officials to shut down the Pasco and Richland campuses for most of the day while authorities searched for explosive devices. Nothing was found.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'