Billings, MT - A Billings man has denied charges that he swerved his pickup at a motorcycle, causing the rider to crash.
The Billings Gazette reports 35-year-old Vincent Joseph Meza pleaded not guilty Tuesday to assault with a weapon during a hearing in District Court in Billings. He also denied an alternative felony charge of criminal endangerment.
Meza remains free on a $1,500 bond.
Charging documents say a 55-year-old man told police he was riding his motorcycle in Billings on the morning of Aug. 24 when a pickup driven by Meza came toward him. The man said he accelerated to avoid a collision and crashed.
The man said Meza approached him and hit him in the head before leaving.
The man said he's had an ongoing dispute with Meza and Meza's father about a prior assault.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives