Missoula, MT - Bail was set at $50,000 for a 25-year-old man suspected of setting fire to the Missoula Senior Citizens Center in April, causing about $11,000 in damage and closing the center for a week.
Birch David Bergeson of Deer Lodge made an initial appearance in Missoula County Justice Court Monday on an arson charge.
Court records say surveillance video shows Bergeson near the center with two other people when the fire started. One of the witnesses told police that Bergeson acknowledged setting the fire.
Another fire damaged the nearby Boone and Crockett Club on the same night. Police say they are still investigating whether Bergeson was involved.
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th