Billings, MT - A 26-year-old Billings man is charged with felony sexual abuse of children after state investigators say he responded to an online ad offering sex with a 14-year-old boy.
The Billings Gazette reports Kenneth Dale Eagle appeared in Justice Court on Thursday, where his bail was set at $50,000 and his District Court arraignment was scheduled for July 14.
Charging documents say Eagle responded to a fictitious ad posted by an agent with the Division of Criminal Investigation. The agent said he exchanged emails and texts with Eagle, who agreed to pay for sex with the boy.
Eagle was arrested when he arrived at a hotel early Thursday.
Court records say Eagle acknowledged he went to the hotel to have sex, but denied knowing it would be with a 14-year-old and denied that he was willing to pay.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home