BILLINGS, Mont. - A Billings man is charged with criminal endangerment and driving under the influence after police say they found him passed out in a running pickup while it was 88 degrees outside, endangering a 7-month-old child in the back seat.
The Billings Gazette reports 27-year-old Preston Michael Baumeister made an initial appearance in Justice Court on Monday, where his bail was set at $15,000. He did not enter a plea. His arraignment in District Court is set for Aug. 28.
Charging documents say police arrested Baumeister on Thursday after finding him slumped over the steering wheel of a pickup. Medical personnel determined the baby's temperature had risen to 108 degrees.
Court records say Baumeister told officers he drank alcohol and took several hydrocodone pills that day.
The baby's mother told the court her daughter is doing well.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home