NEWARK, N.J. - A man sought in two murders in Washington state is due in a New Jersey courtroom to face charges he fatally shot a college student during a robbery at a traffic light.
Ali Brown is one of three suspects scheduled to appear in Superior Court in Newark Wednesday afternoon.
They are charged in the murder of 19-year-old Brendan Tevlin of Livingston on June 25. Tevlin was a student at the University of Richmond.
Brown was wanted by police in Seattle in the shooting deaths of two young men. He faces aggravated murder charges and could face the death penalty if convicted.
Washington state authorities say a decision on which jurisdiction would try Brown first is likely to be made in a few days. A death penalty decision would come later.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home