SEATTLE - A 25-year-old Oklahoma man charged in a Seattle-area rape and assault last March has been arrested in his home state.
KOMO-TV reports that a DNA profile led to charges of first-degree rape and first-degree assault against Christopher Anthony Brown. King County sheriff's Sgt. DB Gates says he was arrested Tuesday by the Oklahoma City Metro Fugitive Squad and is expected to be extradited back to Washington.
Brown is accused of beating and raping a 58-year-old Auburn woman who was walking to a bus stop in the White Center neighborhood.
Police say the woman suffered multiple fractures in her face and jaw.
Law enforcement officers say they believe Brown was living in Seattle from late January to mid-March.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults