LEWISTON, Idaho - Police in the north-central Idaho city of Lewiston have finally served a nearly two-decades old warrant after officers in the neighboring town of Clarkston, Wash. encountered a man and realized he was wanted on an old attempted rape charge.
The Lewiston Tribune reports Billy Jo Finch, now 43, was arrested after he came into contact with Clarkston police last week.
Lewiston Police Capt. Thomas Greene, who was with the department when the warrant was issued in 1993, said there's no statute of limitations because the charge was already filed. In the court file, prosecutors allege Finch attempted to rape a woman at her home.
Greene says Finch was never arrested because he left the area. He says the woman, who is now 37, said she's still willing to testify.
- Fossil fuel transportation initiative has concerned citizens speaking up
- Police search for missing Hayden woman
- Spokane wants your donations to go to charitable organizations, not individuals
- Bob Ferguson disappointed court narrowed travel ban freeze
- Idaho website hacked with pro-Islamic State message
- Stolen purse returned to 92-year-old woman