Happy Valley, OR - The Clackamas County, Ore., sheriff's office has identified a man fatally stabbed at a weekend party in the Portland suburb of Happy Valley. A second man has been arrested.
Lt. Robert Wurpes identified the victim in the Sunday night violence as 21-year-old Marcos Fielder of Portland.
Wurpes says 24-year-old George Gardea of Portland has been booked into the county jail for investigation of murder, assault and unlawful use of a weapon. He's held without bail.
The sheriff's office says witnesses identified a suspect who fled the party. Deputies found he had barricaded himself in an apartment and a SWAT team was called in. The man was arrested Monday morning.
The sheriff's spokesman says the two men did not know each other but reportedly met at the party and at some point got into a fight.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults