BILLINGS, Mont. - A 37-year-old Billings man is charged in a home invasion in which a second suspected burglar was shot in the leg.
Danny Jo Lira made an initial appearance in Justice Court Tuesday on charges of felony aggravated burglary by accountability and obstructing a peace officer. His bail was set at $50,000 and his District Court arraignment was set for May 23.
Charging documents allege Lira and Christopher James Michelotti forced their way into a house late Sunday, causing its six residents -- including a 5-month-old baby -- to retreat to the basement.
The homeowner warned that if the suspected burglars followed, he would shoot.
Court records say when Michelotti started down the basement stairs with a handgun, the homeowner shot him in the leg. Michelotti was taken to the hospital.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods