BOZEMAN, Mont. - A southwestern Montana man was arrested for driving under the influence after Gallatin County deputies say he drove drunk to bail his wife out of jail for her DUI arrest hours earlier.
The Bozeman Daily Chronicle reports 62-year-old Rick Fancher of Big Sky was arrested early Friday and charged with this third DUI.
Prosecutors say jail staff reported Fancher left the jail at 3:30 a.m. after trying to post bond for 44-year-old Stacey Jo Fancher. She had been arrested for aggravated DUI with a blood-alcohol level of 0.201.
A deputy stopped Rick Fancher's pickup near the jail. Court records say his blood-alcohol level was 0.159.
Both Fancher and his wife posted bond at 9 a.m. Friday. It was not immediately clear when they would appear in court.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line