A 23-year-old man accused of setting off a homemade firework that ignited a grass fire on the west end of Clarkston more than two years ago was arraigned this week in Asotin County Superior Court.
Ryan Burgess fled to California and was picked up more than two years after a warrant was issued.
The grass fire, which grew to about 40 acres, burned several small buildings, vehicles, and a large shop in the area of the old Bennett Lumber Mill. Two firefighters were injured while fighting the fire and were treated for smoke inhalation and minor burns.
Burgess is being held on a $100,000 bond for 1st-degree arson.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'