TACOMA, Wash. - A 31-year-old man accused of hiding in the back seat of a woman's car in Tacoma and taking her purse told police he needed money to get married.
Christopher Michael Brown pleaded not guilty Tuesday to robbery and theft charges.
The News Tribune reports court papers say he told police he needed money to get married and wanted to write a letter of apology and return the woman's belongings.
The woman discovered a man the back seat of her car Feb. 13 after she left a grocery store. She fled screaming and he took her purse.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults