VANCOUVER, Wash. - A man accused of having sex with a Vancouver woman who died of drug and alcohol intoxication has been charged with rape.
The 33-year-old Longview man appeared in Clark County Superior Court Tuesday and will be arraigned Feb. 8.
Vancouver police found the man in his underwear when they were called to a home Dec. 27 because of the woman's death.
The man said they had sex after consuming alcohol and cocaine. The medical examiner's office says she died accidentally of intoxication.
The Columbian reports the man was charged with rape because the unconscious woman was unable to consent to sex.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives