VANCOUVER, Wash. - A man accused of having sex with a Vancouver woman who died of drug and alcohol intoxication has been charged with rape.
The 33-year-old Longview man appeared in Clark County Superior Court Tuesday and will be arraigned Feb. 8.
Vancouver police found the man in his underwear when they were called to a home Dec. 27 because of the woman's death.
The man said they had sex after consuming alcohol and cocaine. The medical examiner's office says she died accidentally of intoxication.
The Columbian reports the man was charged with rape because the unconscious woman was unable to consent to sex.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday