Grants Pass, OR - Grants Pass police say a 31-year-old man listed as a transient is accused of kidnapping a woman at knifepoint at a convenience store and forcing her to drive less than a mile to a spot near a house where he was staying.
The Daily Courier reports an investigation led to the arrest of four other people on methamphetamine, weapons and other charges.
Police said a man got into a car Saturday at a 7-Eleven and held the 20-year-old driver at knifepoint. After a short trip, he got out and fled.
Police said they traced Daniel Wilford Dawson to a nearby house and arrested him along with others on the property, including the homeowner. One was hiding in shed.
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- Thousands turn out for Women's March on Spokane