PORTLAND, Ore. - A Portland man accused of striking his father-in-law in the head with a machete has been booked into Multnomah County Jail on assault charges.
Portland police Sgt. Pete Simpson says 39-year-old Bradley Wyatt surrendered early Sunday after an hours-long standoff with police. He had barricaded himself in a North Portland house Saturday night.
Police say the father-in-law, who was not identified, suffered serious but not life-threatening injuries.
Wyatt is scheduled to be arraigned Monday in Multnomah County Court.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line