Roseburg, OR - What the fire marshal calls a "pretty substantial fire" has caused major damage at a Roseburg furniture store.
The News-Review reports smoke was seen coming from Kuebler's (KYOO'-blur's) Furniture shortly after closing time Sunday, about 5 p.m.
Fire Marshal Tony DiMare says crews were able to save two furniture trucks and a van. But the roof collapsed, and DiMare says he doubts anything inside can be salvaged.
DiMare said initial reports put the fire in what appears to be the kitchen area. An employee told firefighters that workers remembered to turn off the coffee maker before leaving.
Kuebler's Furniture was founded by Dean Kuebler of Redding, Calif. He turned the company over to his children in 2007. Kuebler has stores in Redding, Roseburg and Salem.
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March