Portland, OR - Searchers have found a woman who was lost on a hike near Horsetail Falls in the Columbia River Gorge about 30 miles east of Portland.
KPTV reports she was located in the Nesmith Point area Thursday morning with the help of a plane with a heat-sensing camera that detected her small campfire. She's reportedly cold but OK.
The Multnomah County sheriff's office says searchers covered more than 30 miles of trails looking for 33-year-old Jessica Wheeler of Wasco after she called for help Wednesday night. Deputies located her car at the Oneonta Gorge Trailhead.
Wheeler left Monday on a camping trip with her dog Sophie, a golden lab.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line