Helena, MT - One of three men arrested after a Lincoln woman reported someone tried to kidnap her is charged with the crime.
Lewis and Clark County Attorney Leo Gallagher says the other two men were too intoxicated to know what the suspect was doing.
Cecil Wilfred Hale appeared in Justice Court in Helena on Monday, where the 35-year-old was charged with attempted kidnapping. Prosecutors say he tried to pull a woman into a van along the route of a half-marathon on Friday.
Gallagher says the 34-year-old man driving the van, Robert Patrick Wilson, was charged with his third DUI after a breath test showed his blood-alcohol level was 0.205 -- over twice the legal limit of 0.08.
A passenger in the van, 49-year-old Stanley Edwin Wright, was arrested, but released without being charged.
- Bloomsday Run adjusts to Riverfront Park's redesign
- 4 Things to Know for April 24th
- Post Falls Police search for two young runaways
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school