PORTLAND, Ore. - A light-rail commuter train has struck and killed a man in northeast Portland.
The Oregonian reports that a witness, Dawn Baker, said it appeared the man staggered, stumbled and tripped on the tracks Thursday morning before the train knocked him to the side.
Lt. Eric Schober of the Portland Transit Police says the man was in the crosswalk. He says authorities are unsure whether he was impaired.
The pedestrian's name has not yet been released. Schober says he was in his 50s.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday